Chapter 35 Unit 1
- G&C-1/p.146 => I have sth/konow sb whose … =>
-> Ex-1.2/p.147 Read
Unit 6 Reading 2 Forensic Science #3
- Review the four segments and Identify the topic of each segment.
[Intro-Par.2] Forensic Science [Par.3-5] What MEs and CSIS do
[Par.6-11] What the Forensic Lab does [Last] The panel’s role
=> the main ideas of the article in four sentences.
Try NOT to use the phrases from the text. Try to paraphrase (to state something written or spoken in different words) and use the word family of the words/expressions.
, or ME, examines the body of a victim and crime scene investigators took photos and collect traces, such as fingerprints or objects, to find clues of the crime and suspect(s).
then examines the evidence to find information such as when, where, how and by who the crime was taken place.
Once confirms that the evidence is sufficient enough to prove the crime, they take the case to court for trial. (92 words)
Unit 5 Reading 2 The Challenge of Running a Family Business #2
- Read w/
- Study words and expressions: (Par.2) Mom and Pop store enthusiasm a feeling of energetic interest in a particular subject or activity -enthusiastic; anxious, eager, excited, keen (Par.3) financial success (Par.4) lasted several generations, family relationship suffered (Par.5) real-reality-realistic
manage(Par.4) -management (Par.5) - to control or organize someone or something, esp. a business; operate, control, be in charge, take care of: ~ a project/department/team/company
- to succeed in doing something, esp. something difficult; achieve, carry out, deal with, accomplish, get by: The pilot managed to land the plane safely.
=> Last Paragraph
- Vocabulary Skills: Irregular forms
Using the Dictionary/p.94: