Day 58 #1
Unit 4 Reading-2 Symbolic Clothing #1
- Before Reading-1 => Why do police officers wear uniforms?
- Skim: The title, subheadings=> column, photos,
-> Intro Par. 1st sentence of each Par, Last Par.
=> Reading Skill: Identify Examples-> Apply-1.-> 2.
=> the main idea of the excerpt in one sentence.
Symbolic clothing like uniforms and special dresses could show the status or occasion of the society.
- Reading Comprehension: Underline/Mark the key words to look for.
-> Read T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.=> Check the Answers
Unit 10 More Than a Game
define-definition to state precisely the meaning of words or terms, to describe the nature, properties, or essential; describe, detail, explain, interpret, specify: difficult to ~, ~ the task, ~d as/in terms of
->A. Read the Defining Para-> Answer the questions-> Identify the subject and role of each sentence.
A pandemic is … An epidemic can …
For example, in 2003 … The avian flu and the swine flu … In 2009, a new type … A month later …
A pandemic can … However, a pandemic is …
=> B. a Topic Sentence for a Defining Paragraph for the topics. <= Use Eng-Eng Dic.
1. A common cold is an illness that affects the nose and/or throat, making the person cough, sneeze, etc.
2. The flu is an infectious disease like a very bad cold that causes fever, pains and weakness.
3. Asthma is a medical condition of the chest that makes breathing difficult.
4. An online simulation game is a type of online game that the players attempts to copy various activities
from real life for various purposes such as training, analysis, or prediction. (from Wiki)
- a Defining Paragraph about an illness, a device, tool or instrument, application or function, product or service, or food or drink in six to eight sentences. (100 words)
1. Write a simple and clear defining topic sentence.
2. Support is with for example, like or such as, and however, but or not.
3. Conclude your writing to restate, rephrase or reemphasize the topic sentence.