Unit 7 Read 1 Fear Factor: Success and Risks in Extreme Sports
- Review Response Essay with intro, two bodies, and concluding paragraphs by Dec. 10th
What sport, activity or occasion do you think is worth taking risks? =>
Unit 7 Reading #2 The Climb of My Life
- Vocabulary: conquer, consume my thoughts, cast in, bruise, prick a needle/needle prick, athleticism, at a brisk pace, wind (v), intimidate-intimidating, weather a wooden plank, daunting (discouraging) task, death grip(tight), likeness (resemblance) – likeliness (probability), chisel, replicate-replica, granite face (hard) <-> tender words
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details/p.145
- Vocabulary Skill <=???
C7 Language & Communication #1 Lecture about other languages in the U.S. #1
- Introducing the Topic: Language Quiz/p.56
- Preparing to Listen: Languages spoken in the U.S.
- Before Listening: census (the process of officially counting sth like population), NY, CA, TX, WA
- Listening-1 -> Main Ideas, Details
=> the main ideas of the lecture in three sentences.
- Listening-2 => the main ideas of the lecture in 90 seconds
Do you think the lifetime employment is a good system? => your answer in 60 sec.
=> a response essay with two body paragraphs by Dec.17th