Day 53 #1
2018-2 Lis-> the Task -> by sentence=>
Unit 3 Reading 1 They know what you want #3
- Review the Main Ideas of the article in three sentences.
- Read aloud by Section to learn words/expressions #1
[Intro, Influence] L3 shelves-shelf: shelf life L3 stocked with L3 as many/much/large/long as L4 bran: is the hard outer layers of cereal grain: ~ flakes/bread, wheat/oat/rice ~ L4 oat (adj)<- oats L6 discount coupon L7 on sale L8 ultimate choice most extreme or important because either the original or final, or the best or worst; final/last, best/worst, absolute: ~ responsibility, decision, goal L9 determined by some factor other than taste L10 persuade to cause people to do or believe something, esp. by explaining why they should; convince : ~ sb (to do), ~ that L12 have little/nothing to do with
[Defining, Selling] L16 administer L17 marketing director L18 package L19 convince customers to buy: ~ sb/oneself, of sth, sb to/that: ~ them of the problem. ~ myself that I was right. -> Corpus/p.40-> F.
L19 in short, L19 channel a shopper’s choices toward -> Corpus/p.38 ; direct, guide-> C.
L20 specific product relating to one thing and not others; particular, clear, exact -> specifically, specification
L21 begins with a survey (n) to look at or examine all of something: The ~ shows/found/revealed (v): ~ the work/area
L23 a certain type of L26 aim at L27 specific sector L28 most/least likely to
-> Read aloud Par.5,6 =>
Unit 9 Writing
- Review the para. to describe your community/society such as school, local community or country.
Write two or three points that are important or unique and use numbers to support them.
Unit 10 Reading 1 Flu FAQ
- Listen to => [A] What are some things you do to avoid getting sick? =>
- [C, D] Match the names of illness: communicable/infectious disease
diabetes [daɪəbitɪs] malaria [məlɛəriə] asthma [æzmə] tuberculosis [tʊbɜrkyəloʊsɪs]
Reading 1: Flu FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Vocabulary: epidemic, symptom, infect-infection-infectious (=communicable), virus
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details [A] Venn Diagram