Unit 8 Reading-1 Child Prodigies
- Reference Reading (BBC) Dos and don’ts to preserve your brain power
Don’t… lose faith in your abilities: It’ll/You’ll/You could/When …
=> to explain one of Dos or Don’ts in 60 sec.
- Lis-3 with Transcript-> Study words/expressions
breed-bred, mate, capture-in captivity, wingspan-> span, beak,
Apprenticeship<-apprentice: a young person who works for an employer for a period of time to learn particular skills
- Pronunciation: Verb Ending
- Speaking Skills: Asking for Further Information
- Speaking Practice: based on the proposals by the group members.
Unit 6 Reading #2 In Defense of Advertising/Canadian radio show #3
- Review the summary of the article from a new magazine in 80 words/4-5 sentences
Reading #2 In Defense of Advertising/Canadian radio show #1
- Vocabulary: broadcast-broadcasting, annual-annually-p.a.
- Listen-> Main Ideas-> Organize what the article is saying
=> the main idea of the article in 3-4 sentences.
- Read-> Details
=> Identify the MI of each paragraph, supporting points and examples for the benefits of advertising.
=>Write a summary of the article including all the benefits and brief explanations/examples in 7-8 sentences by Nov. 12th.