C6 Social Studies
#1 Lecture about Working Hours in the US and Europe
- Introducing the Topic:
-> Study 1, 2, 3=> 4. the work habits in Europe and the U.S. Clarify the main points.
=> In general, / Generally speaking, seem …, It seems that most …, on average,
- Listen-1-> Main ideas, more details=> Correction
- Listen-2-> Take notes to summarize what the lecture is about.
=> in 90 seconds => a summary of the lecture
Unit 6 Reading #2 In Defense of Advertising/Canadian radio show #2
- Read w
- by Nov. 12th. Review the summary of the article including all the benefits and brief explanations/examples in 7-8 sentences☆ pay money=> fund, finance, sponsor =>
- Words/Expressions-> (par.3) pledge drive pledge (n) ;promise, guarantee, assurance
exposure public appearance, notice, attention, mention, or discussion in the media: gain ~ for your products on TV/the Internet.
(par. 7) content [kənˈtɛnt] (adj) mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are; satisfied, agreeable, happy, willing - ~ with sth (happy/satisfied with what you have): You should be ~ with third place/your job.
- ~ to do sth (=willing to do sth): I was ~ to wait. I’m ~ to be a teacher.
(v) to make oneself/sb content or satisfied; please, satisfy, gratify: ~ oneself with property
[ˈkɒntɛnt] (pl) everything that is inside a container: the ~s of a box,
- the subjects or topics covered in a book or document.
- What do you think-A. 1. What’s “necessary evil” ?
2. Would you pay a subscription fee for a TV show, or online video/music service?
"YouTube Red," a $9.99-per-month subscription service for YouTube. The service lets you watch videos ad-free among other premium features, and it will eventually fund the production of premium, members-only video content. NHK: \14,910 p.a. Subscription Music Services: \980/mo
your answer in 60 seconds.
e in five to eight sentences by Nov.19 your respons