Day 48 #1
Unit 2 Medicine Reading-1 The Battle against Malaria #3
- Review the Main Ideas of the article in three to four sentences.
☆ occur= be caused (by ~) one way-> another way-> new way Check A/K again =>
Read aloud by Section to learn words/expressions – Part 1
[Intro] L2 occur; happen, take place -> occurrence L4 intensely-> Corpus/p.23 intense ~ , intensive ~ -> F.
L7 agency - a government organization - a business that represents one group/people/organization L8 enormous extremely large; ~ salary, help, house, amount of ~ L8 difficult task a piece of work to be done
-> Read aloud Par.1: Malaria is a ~ =>
[The Malaria Cycle] L12 reside -> Corpus/p.24 L14 draw off L16 multiply-> multiplication
[Emergency Medical Care needed] -> emergency; crisis, danger: ER L22 symptoms L24 nausea [ˈnɔ·zi·ə] the feeling that you are going to vomit L24 vomit; throw up L24 accompany - to go with someone, exist at the same time as sth L25 medical treatment L25 infected-> infection-> infectious disease
L25 priority-> Corpus p.24 – set priorities ->G.
-> Read aloud to practice pronouncing words for symptoms like nausea [ˈnɔ·zi·ə]=>
Unit 9 Reading 2: Problems with Math, a personal essay
- Vocabulary: be flattered (=honored) You’re trying to ~ me, Don’t ~ yourself (think you can do)
- Skimming: Title, captions, 1st Par, 1st sen-> Check MI, D and underline the points to look at.
- Read-1-> Mark the words to describe Time/When, Underline the Topic=> Main Ideas, Details
- Vocabulary Skill: Numbers and mathematical terms-> [A]
=> Ask four math problems with one or two digits