Unit 8 Reading-1 Child Prodigies
- Read/Overview the text=> Identify the chunks and their main points
- Chunk-1 (par.1-4) Intro w/Examples: 1. Chess 2. music composer 3. piano 4. CP’s mystery, Pros-Cons
- Chunk-2 (par.5-8) Experts: 4-5. What child prodigies are, what they do 7. Nature 8. Nurture
- Chunk-3 (par.9-12) Parents: 9-10. Supportive/unsupportive parents 10-13. too supportive parents
- Chunk-4 (par.13) Conclusion: Challenges of child prodigies
=> a summary of this book review four to six sentences or in 100 words.
- Lis-3 with Transcript-> Vocabulary: [Part-A] be derived from, naturally occurring product,
[Part-B] medical substances, contaminate-contamination, laundry detergent, combat, stain
☆ What research, such as oceans, animals, cultures, psychology, ecology or economy are you interested in learning more or studying the most?
- Vocabulary: Adjective Suffixes –ful, -less=> ful/less Test
Unit 6 Does advertising help or harm us?Preview the Unit
- Listen to the -> B: Has an advertisement ever helped you in some way? Do you check users’ comments as well or even more? Which is a more determining source of information when you buy a big-ticket item?=> your answer in 60 seconds with an example.
Reading #1 Happiness is in your shoes you wear
- Vocabulary: means to an end sth done only to produce a desired result; Marrying a rich man was just a~ for her.
trivial <- trivia (s/pl) [trɪviə] petty details or considerations; trifles
tune out (Phrasal V) to become unresponsive to : ignore, neglect, disregard
- Listen=> Main Ideas=> What does the title mean? What does the author want to say?
- Read -> Details=> What does the title mean? What does the author of the news magazine want to say?
=> what a powerful passport means with a few examples in 60 sec.