2018-1 rigami Froebel Star Wreath (1:30->1:00)
Unit 7 Reading 2 Out-of-Body Experience? – Your Brain is to Blame
- Review reading
- A -> sphere globular object; the northern hemisphere domain of influence; field, realm-> B-> C
- B. Discuss which of these tasks have been automated.
- minor not very large/important/serious; ~ injuries/surgery/offence/charge/role
=> If you had a chance to play a role in a drama, would you like to play a major role or a minor role?
=> What are you going to major in at college?
- induce to cause/activate/produce sth,; ~ sleep, persuade, motivate; ~ sb to do, His meditation induced a compromise.
-> seduce: to lure someone away from duty, accepted principles, proper conduct; to lead astray; He was seduced by the dark side of The Force.'' - Obi Wan Kenobi, ''
- scenario: the best/worst-case scenario => Tell a partner the best or worst case scenario for your next challenge such as exams, competition, event, romance , etc.
- D. integrity -quality of being honest, moral codes; honor, honesty, sincerity; personal/professional/academic ~, behave with
- state of being whole, united; completeness, soundness, unity, stability, cohesion; territorial ~ of the nation
- the condition of being unified or sound in construction
-> integrate - to combine things to make them work together, to bring together/incorporate (parts) into a whole;
mix, merge, consolidate, incorporate, unite, organize, assimilate -> integration; economic ~, ~ of A and B
- To become or make sb become accepted as a member -> racial integration <-> segregation
=> Tell a partner about a case of losing the integrity of a person, institution, company, or situation.
Chapter 4 #2 Lecture by a guide in an art museum
- Listen #3 with Script
-> Voc: - irony->ironic (~ comment/smile, opposite/different from expectation),
- connotation (idea suggested by a word) - ruffles (frills)
- elongated<- elongate (stretch, extend, prolong) - poking fun at (tease, make fun of)
- Pronunciation: The Schwa Sound
- Speaking Skills: Using Impression - kind/sort of, it’s like/as if, or something
=> Speaking Practice: one of the photos
=> your favorite music, movie, story, book, artwork, event, person, animal, food, snack or drink.
Unit 5 Write a paragraph with reasons and examples
- Review What do you think has more influence on our decision to help others, the presence of others, human nature or learning? Write 5~8 sentences in response including an example or two.
- Writing Skill: Stating reasons and giving examples-> Ex-A -> Ex-B: because or to + infinitive
Because can include new information. -> Why …? => Because … only/just/partly/simply because …
Since and as are usually for already-known information. NOT used with only/just/partly/simply
- Grammar: Gerunds and Infinitives-> Ex-A, B, C
When you turn 18, a national referendum was proposed to ask if Japan should accept a hundred thousand refugees as immigrants a year such as Syrians, the Rohingya, Muslim Indo-Aryan peoples from the Rakhine State, Myanmar, or the Kurds, inhabitants in a mountainous region straddling the borders of Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Iran and Armenia.
Would you agree or disagree with the proposition?
- Write an outline for your paragraph with Reasons and Examples in Page 109.
a. Topic Sentence b. Reasons and Examples c. Concluding Sentence
- Give examples to support your reasons.
- Be sure to use because correctly when you write your reasons.
- Check if you use gerunds and infinitives correctly.
=> by Oct.15th.
, but is that good for your health?