Eiken Lis-2Q 2018-1
Inside Reading-1 Unit 1 Engineering
- alter [ˈɔl·tər] to change a characteristic, often slightly, or to cause this to happen: The coat was too long, so I took it back to the store to have it altered.
- inherent [ɪnˈhɪər·ənt] existing as a natural and permanent quality of something or someone: The drug has certain inherent side effects.
Reading-1 Riding through History
- Before You Read 1. Pair How did you learn to ride a bicycle?
- Reading Skill-3 -> Preview the text: title, subheadings, images, captions
- Reading Comprehension: Underline/Mark the key words to look for.
-> Read T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.=> Pair Check the Answers
Read & Write Unit 8 Writing
Writing: Write a Narrative
- Grammar: Simple Past & Past Continuous -> A-> B-> C
- Writing Skill: Setting, Sequence, Sensory Details-> A-> B-> C
- Writing: Blog Write a narrative about a special event/incident you attended/took part in/were involved. -> Use the steps in Reading 2.
-> Tip/p.158 Think carefully before writing. => Plan
What was the event/incident for? Who were the organizer and attendees? <= Use adjectives to describe
When and where did the event/incident take place?
How did the event go? <= Use sensory details to make the narrative more realistic and interesting.
Write the topics of the event/incident in order.
=> Write a narrative about a special event/incident you attended/took part in/were involved in two paragraphs, one to introduce the event/incident and the other to describe it. Try using connotations.
Blog Japan' first female fighter pilot
=> What's your ambition?