Read and Write Unit 3 Sports– Preview the Unit: Idea Map
- Preview the Unit-> Listen to the Q-classroom: give up/sacrifice, Personal Costs
- Read For Idea Map: Figure Skating, Football, The marathon
=> Make an Idea Map for football, marathon, or figure skating by Financial, Physical, Emotional Gains and Costs -> Pair Present what are the gains and costs of the sports in your opinion
Reading #1 Fast Cars, Big Money
An article from a business magazine about the popular sport of car racing from a business perspective
- Vocabulary - invest to spend money on sth to improve: in/on sth, ~ sth (in/on sth): ~ ed heavily in public transport. ~ (amount) in a new library.
- Skim the Text; Title, Subheadings, Photo, Caption
- Read-> Main Ideas: Note the words to look up in the text Details: Note the Par. number mentioned
- Reading Skill: Scanning Mark the words you’re going to scan-> Scan
- Formula 1 Racing-Canada Video
- What do you think?-1 Do you think Formula 1 racing is a good or bad investment?
=>Blog Write your answer in five to eight sentences. Use an idea map to bring perspectives for planning.
Interest Blog Why you eat more when you’re in company
=> Explain why people tend to eat more when they are with others in 90 sec.