Inside Reading Unit 6 The Physics of Fun Reading-1 A Whale of a Wheel
- Blog Review the summary of the article in three sentences.
- Read-2=> WS Task-1 (P7 L58-67) 日本語で説明しなさいThe lower half of the wheel ~ or slipping effect
The rim is the "outer edge of a wheel, holding the tire".
(L64) rigid; hard/solid/stiff/strict/stern/fixed/inflexible <-> (L64) elasticity; flexibility/resilience/adaptability
(L66) appreciable easily noticeable; recognizable/measurable/detectable; ~ difference/change/difference,
substantial/considerable; ~ effect/increase/amount (L67) tremble (v) shake/vibrate (L77) axle a rod that connects a pair of wheels (of a vehicle; the front/rear ~)
=> Task-2 (Par.9-10) 観覧車が動く仕組みを日本語で説明しなさい=> Pair
(L94) sprocket (chainwheel) a toothed wheel engaging with a conveyor or power chain; gear
(L101) regulate to control/adjust by a rule/principle; manage/organize/control; ~ expenses/temperature/a clock
Open Forum-2 Chapter 1 #1 Lecture about City Planning
- Lis #3 w/Script=> Integ. Speech Thinking and Speaking-1,2,3 with your own words in 90 sec.
-> Study Voca and Expressions: - vacant buildings ; empty, deserted, uninhabited -> vacancy
- suburban sprawl [sprɔl] to be stretched or spread out in an unnatural or ungraceful manner:; sit, lie, spread out
- diversity the state or fact of being diverse; variety, difference, unlikeness: ~ of opinion. <-diversify
- Vocabulary: Compound Nouns
=> Ind. Speech Describe your town/city in terms of the listed features in 90 seconds. => Q&A
Interest Blog Why you eat more when you’re in company
=> Explain why people tend to eat more when they are with others in 90 sec.