Read and Write Unit 2 Reading #2 Finding Balance in Food
- Blog Review the summary of the text in 4-6 sentences. <=Structure: MI, France, China, Conclusion
It is important to eat various foods for health but how to maintain a good balance varies by culture.
In France, people enjoy foods from other places of the country. They also prefer eating small amount food in different dishes such as an appetizer, main and side dishes, a salad and a dessert.
Chinese try to keep balance between warm foods like chicken and eggs and cool foods like tofu and carrots, which are called yang and yin respectively. They believe food plays an important role for one’s health like medicine and even use it to rebalance physical conditions.
It seems that balancing what and how to eat foods is unique to each culture. (114 words)
- Writing Skill: Using Descriptive Adjectives-> A. -> Mark the descriptive adjectives in the textbook
=> Describe a person/place/thing (event/experience/incident) with descriptive adjectives in 60 sec.
- Grammar: Use and Placement of Adjectives-> A. (mark in p.40)=> B. => Pair
- Writing: a descriptive paragraph about your favorite dish.
- Blog Write a Descriptive Paragraph about your favorite dish in six to eight sentences/100 words.
Use at least three descriptive adjectives effectively and appropriately by consulting with a dictionary.