Read and Write Unit 2 Food and Taste Reading #1 Knowing Your Tastes
- Review Blog a summary of the text in between four and six sentences, or about 100 words.
The sensitivity of the tongue varies by person and gives influence on the person’s diet and health.
Taste buds are very small lumps/bumps on the tongue that sense the taste of food and send the message to the brain.
People with a lot of taste buds on their tongue are called supertasters, who are sensitive to bitter, fatty or spicy food.
Those who have fewer taste buds are called nontasters, and they tend to enjoy hot and spicy food.
It is helpful to know which kind of taster you are to choose better foods to balance your diet. (98 words)
=> Shadow Reading
=> What do you think-2 Ind. Speech Speak your answer in 60 seconds.
Reading #2 Finding Balance in Food
- Vocabulary: cuisine [kwɪˈzin] a style/manner of cooking: French ~ - the food prepared by a restaurant/household
portion an amount of food served for one person; serving; helping: a large ~ of spinach.
- Reading Skill: Previewing the Text
Title, Subtitles-> Pictures, Captions-> First and Last paragraphs (and first sen of each par.)->B, C
- Listen to Q-classroom/Web-> Main Ideas
=> Speak a summary of the in 90 seconds. France, China are examples.
- Read-> Underline the main idea of each paragraph and compare to the previous answers
Interest Blog Is this the best time in history to learn languages?