Fun How a 15-year-old solved a Rubik's Cube in 5.25 seconds
Inside Reading Unit 6 The Physics of Fun Reading-1 A Whale of a Wheel
<= a whale of : an unusually good or large sth; had ~ a time, did ~ a job
- Before Reading-1: the photo/p.82: The Ferris wheel-> Describe the Ferris wheel you enjoyed the most.
- Before Reading-2: Discuss the historical background and situation of the World Fair in Paris in 1889 and Chicago Words Fair in 1893. (Industrial revolution, Europe, US, Asia, Japan)
World Map 1890 Eiffel Tower-1889 Ferris Wheel-1893 Tokyo-1894
- Review a Skill: Skimming and Making Predictions Task-1
=> Skim the text and write the main idea of the text in one sentence in the textbook
The Ferris wheel, which was created for the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893, was a great success in engineering and entertainment then and still is an attraction even today.
Open Forum Chapter 12 WS A conversation between an attorney and his client
- Lis-1-> Exercises, Take notes to describe the problem the client has.
- Lis-2=> Describe the problem the client has.
- Lis-3 with Script=> Describe the problem the client has and the advice the attorney gave.
- Study Expressions: talk in person, went through this three times, looks like it’s going to drop any second, I’m assuming that you …, I don’t think I should have to pay …, written statement – estimate, go to court, The last thing I want to do is go to court.
=> What would you do if the builder refuses to pay for the repair but offers a free repair work of the kitchen damage? Speak your answer and explain why and how you’d proceed in 60 seconds.
Interest Blog Robot co-workers?