Inside Reading Unit 5 Reading-1 The Dartfish Olympics, BBC Sport Uses Stromotion Technique
Reading Skill: Summarizing a Text Using Nontext Elements
Before You Read-3. Pair Have you ever seen video of your performance? Was it helpful?
- Preview: Check the titles, photos and captions.
-> strobe [stroʊb] (n) a bright light that flashes rapidly on and off.
-> simul [sɪməl]<- Dic simultaneous (adj) occurring, existing, or operating at the same time; concurrent
- Reading Skill: Summarizing a Text Using Nontext Elements (pictures, figures: tables, charts, graphs)
- Read Part-1: The Dartfish Olympics-> Mark the Subject/Topic and main idea of each paragraph
=> Apply-1. Identify and Write two main ideas in two sentences=> Pair Compare-> Revise
StroMotion is a photo software (made by a Swiss company Dartfish) that shows an athlete’s move by motion, which allows athletes to analyze their moves to improve their performance.
It is also used to judge the performance and result of games and competitions.
- Read Part-2: BBC Sport Uses StroMotion Technique -> Mark the Subject/Topic, main idea of each par.
=> Apply-2 Identify and Write two main ideas in two sentences => Pair Compare-> Revise
StroMotion enhances the image of sports games and competitions, so that the viewers can enjoy the moves and performance of the sports event more excitedly.
SimulCam is another exclusive video application by Dartfish that simultaneously shows two competitors in different places and time in one screen as if they were competing together.
-> Apply-3 Check the photos and review the text to think what the main ideas.
=> Apply-4 Combine the main ideas and Write a summary in two sentences => Pair Compare
StroMotion is a photo software that enhances the image of sports games and competitions.
It not only helps athletes improve their performance by the precise images but also entertains the viewers of the sports events more lively.
Open Forum Chapter 11 #1 Radio Program about the Fibonacci Sequence
- Preparing to Listen: Try to figure out what the pattern is!
- sequence [sikwəns] - the following of one thing after another; succession. - order of succession: a list of books in alphabetical ~ - a continuous or connected series - something that follows; a subsequent event; result; consequence. -> sequent, sequential
- petal [pɛtl] any of the separate parts of the corolla of a flower: often brightly colored
- Lis #1-> [C] Examples and [D] More Details -> [B] Main Ideas
- Lis #2 => Explain What the sequence is and how it appears in the natural world and art in 90 sec.