- Blog Review the Defining Paragraph about an illness, a device, tool or instrument, application or function, product or service, or food or drink in six to eight sentences. (100 words)
Inside Reading Unit 5 Reading-1 The Dartfish Olympics, BBC Sport Uses Stromotion Technique
Target Words: encounter, expose, restore
Reading Skill: Summarizing a Text Using Nontext Elements
Before You Read-3. Pair Have you ever seen video of your performance? Was it helpful?
- Preview: Check the titles, photos and captions.
- Reading Skill: Summarizing a Text Using Nontext Elements (pictures, figures: tables, charts, graphs)
- Read Part-1: The Dartfish Olympics-> Mark the Subject/Topic and main idea of each paragraph
=> Apply-1. Identify and Write two main ideas in two sentences=> Pair Compare-> Revise
=> Apply-2 Identify and Write two main ideas in two sentences => Pair Compare-> Revise
-> Apply-3 Check the photos and review the text to think what the main ideas.
=> Apply-4 Combine the main ideas and Write a summary in two sentences => Pair Compare
- Interest Speech Practice: Severn Cullis-Suzuki’s speech before the UN Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ep_8SLQh0
=>Blog Practice to read your favorite part of Suzuki’s speech. => Pair Read aloud
☆ Speak your Opinion: Europe’s migrants problem
Situation: The EU migrant crisis explained in 90 seconds
Opinions: Migrant crisis: Would you welcome a Syrian refugee into your home (UK)? (2:32)
=> Should we take immigrants? Speak your response to the question in 60 sec.