- Listen to Q-Classroom => [A] What are some things you do to avoid getting sick? => Pair
- [C, D] Match the names of illness: communicable/infectious disease
Reading 1: Flu FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Vocabulary: epidemic, symptom, infect-infection-infectious (=communicable), virus
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details [A] Venn Diagram
Blog A Venn diagram or set diagram is a diagram that shows all possible logical relations between a finite collection of sets. Venn diagrams were conceived around 1880 by John Venn. They are used to teach elementary set theory, as well as illustrate simple set relationships in probability, logic, statistics, linguistics and computer science.
- Reading Skill: Synthesizing Information
=> B.2 Speak Read the paragraph and answer the question in 90 sec. Include examples/examples.
Inside Reading Unit 4 Reading-1 Determinants of Mortality
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. -> Corpus radical basic, fundamental, important parts of sth, for change from accepted or traditional forms; profound, essential: ~ changes/reform/differences, ~ idea/solution/proposal/measures - thoroughgoing or extreme; progressive, extreme, revolutionary (N)
empirical [ɛmˈpɪr ɪ kəl] based on experiments, experience rather than theories or ideas; practical, experimental, hands-on, firsthand: ~ evidence/knowledge/research/study <-> theoretical
- Corpus aspect element to consider; prospect, view (visual effect): the physical aspect of the landscape
-> C.1 Ind. Speech-1 What are two most important aspects for you to decide which college to attend/which major to choose?
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- E. Read the texts aloud
- Corpus hierarchy [ˈhaɪ əˌrɑr ki ] order, ranking: He rose in the corporate hierarchy.
– hierarchical [hɑɪ·əˌrɑr·kɪ·kəl]
- Interest Falcon Heavy (3:26) Elon Musk