Global Warning Post your answers by 10pm on December 31st
1. “Helheim Glacier is retreating rapidly.” What does it mean?
2. Look at the last global map. Why are cities far away from Greenland affected by the melting ice on Greenland?
If there were only one subject for the entrance exam, which subject would you choose? Why?
Be reminded that this is not only for you but for everyone. <=Better not English
1. Write your answer in four to six sentences.
2. Then write another paragraph how you would study it.
Inside Reading Unit 2 Reading-2 Ecopolis Now
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. communicate: communicator, communication, communications (methods of sending info)
communicative able to communicate; expressive, talkative, open: ~ person, ~ skills
communicable pass on to others; infectious, transmittable, transferable; ~ disease
- B. Mark the key words that determine the word(s) to be filled. 5. siege: blockade, closure
- C. Dic major (adj; before noun) very large/important, serious, significant: ~ road, company, role, problem, accident, changes, event
- Corpus major/minor
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- Corpus despite/in spite of=> E. Write sentences featuring information you’ve learned about cities using despite, in spite of, despite the fact that, and considering the fact that.