- Vocabulary bargain an agreement/contract establishing what each party will give/receive/perform in a transaction between them, sth acquired/received in such an agreement, sth bought or offered at a low price: a ~ at an auction, ~ price - make/strike a bargain to agree on terms
- bargain (v), reluctant-reluctantly
- Before Listening: Nastreddin Hoja brag; speak too proudly; boast glow; a warm light, a look of warmth
-> Listen/Q-Classroom-> Main Ideas, Details
- Read-> Check MI/D, Underline the main ideas/events and important details to retell the story
=> Retell-1 the story in four to six sentences in the present tense.
2. Interest Nasreddin Hodja About Nasreddin Hodja and 24 Short Stories
Interest Mullah Nasruddin Stories - A Lesson For The Liar (7:46)
3. Inside Reading Unit 1 Architecture Reading-1 The Architecture of the Marketplace
=>Blog Review the summary of the article in five sentences. Divide the paragraphs to five groups, identify the topic of each group, and write a sentence for each topic. Paraphrase the words in the text.
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- Corpus: academy an institution or society for the advancement of literature, art, or science; institute
- a school for training in a particular skill or profession: a military academy
- academic (often before noun) connected with education at schools: ~ requirements, achievement
=> D. Write the definition/meaning and a brief sentence for each.
- Corpus: pose; create, cause: ~ a threat/challenge/danger/risk/problem/question
- (vi) to pretend to be or present oneself <-> pause [pɔz] : to make a brief stop or delay; wait; hesitate:
=> F. Choose one of the topics for each object of pose; concern, opportunity, challenge, threat, choice/dilemma. Come up with a word that could replace each pose. Write complete sentences.