- Study Words/Expressions I. Victor Gruen & Associates
associate a person who shares actively in anything as a business, enterprise; partner; colleague
[P2-L11] brought together in the common belief that individual ingenuity coupled with disciplined teamwork offers the best approach …
- bring together cause to become joined or linked; unify, unite, consolidate
- ingenuity [ɪndʒənuɪti/nyu] inventive talent; cleverness; ability, intelligence, talent, wisdom: a designer of ~
- discipline - to improve the behavior, orderliness of by training, conditions, or rules -> disciplined: army/team, ~ approach - to punish or correct
[P3-L18] head (v) [L21] direct ; manage, oversee, lead, control, guide, run, supervise [P3-L28] project coordinator <-coordinate (adj) [-nɪt] (v) [koʊɔrdneɪt] ; integrate, manage, organize, match, harmonize [L31] - firm a partnership or association for carrying on a business, or any commercial enterprise [P6-L34] commercial field a sphere of activity, interest, etc., especially within a particular business or profession; area, job, range, territory, work : the ~ of teaching [P8-L44] special interests; activity, importance. significance, advantage, prosperity, responsibility [L70] comprehensive of large scope; covering or involving much; inclusive, extensive, full, thorough : a ~ study of sth <- comprehend
II. Victor Gruen
[L93] certified <- certify to award a certificate to (a person) attesting to the completion of a course of study or the passing of a qualifying examination. -> certificate [L94] practice to exercise or pursue as a profession, art, or occupation: to ~ law. [L97] registered officially or legally certified by a government officer or board: a ~ patent, ~ lawyer [L109] diverse [dɪvɜrs/daɪ-] of a different kind, form, character; unlike: a wide range of ~ opinions. [L132] speak before ~ groups in the presence of: to be brought ~ a judge, to appear ~ an audience.
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Restate with the words in parentheses. Pay attention to the Part of Speech of the words.
- Corpus partner
-> B. Look up the words and write the type of partnership that suggests.
-> C. 5. brochure [broʊʃʊər] a glossy pamphlet/magazine containing pictures and information about sth
7. catalog a complete list of items that people can look at or buy
- pamphlet a very thin book with a paper cover with information about a particular subject
- booklet a small thin book with a paper cover with information about a particular subject
Open Forum Chapter 7 Web Listening: A TV News Program about Stress in Teenagers
- Prepare to Listen: What kind of stress do teenagers have? What are the effects of stress on teenagers?
- Lis-1-> WS Main Ideas, More Details
- Lis-2=> Explain
[Part-1] What happened to Jerome
[Part-2] Why and how students get depressed?
[Part-3] What should depression be dealt with?
=> Explain what Dr. Carson believes is to solve the teenagers’ depression in 60 sec.
- Vocabulary: detriment (harm/damage)->detrimental effect, depressed-depression, set priorities=prioritize, concentrate on immediate needs, chronic stress, put pressure on sb
Interest Teens Reduce Stress and Lower Anger with Breathing Technique (2:30)
=> Ind. Speech What kind of stress do you get? Speak your response in 60 sec.
=> Repeat, How do you manage it? => Speak your response in 60 sec.
Interest-2 Blog Nasreddin Hodja Read the stories and chose one to Retell