Read and Write Unit 7 Buy or Reuse
- Blog Review writing 3~5 sentences to explain what you did and should/shouldn’t/could have done.
=> Check T’s comment Rewrite it in three sentences in five minutes.
Reading 2 : Blog - In Praise of the Throwaway Society
- Vocabulary: material-materialism-materialistic, significant-significance<->insignificant
Dic significant: large/important enough to have an effect, important, considerable, substantial
- Read-> Main Idea, Details=> Pair
- What do you think?-A.2: Clarify Mad Anthony’s reasons to support his opinion on Worksheet
Main Point: A throwaway society is sign that things are better and people are wealthier.
Support-1: Lower Prices – Technology lowered the costs. Smaller price difference between buying and fixing
Support-2: Increased Wealth <- More money, lower prices
Support-3: Increased Features <- Technology especially electronics. Digital camera, cell phone, GPS
Conclusion: The throwaway society shows how good things are.
=> Dis the arguments Anthony makes in the blog. Do you agree or disagree with each of his arguments?
Inside Reading Unit 10 Reading-1 Attack of the Fire Ants
- Blog Review the summary of the text in four to six sentences. You could use the subjects below to start each sentence; The fire ant, Fire ant sting, The venom, There aren't any countermeasures, Fire ants
- “the ant” (in general or particular) vs. “ant” “an ant/ants”
-> Blog Study-1- The Blue Whale
The blue whale is the largest animal in the world. It weighs 150 tons and grows 30 meters long.
Baby blue whales drink 600 litters of their mothers’ milk every day. Blue whales live in the sea but they come to the surface every 15 minutes. When a whale breathes, it blows water into the air.
There are 83 kinds of whales. They all have different songs. Some people hunt whales to get meat and oil.
-> Study-2 - Introduction, Par.1 - Ant Zones (Par.2-4) - Temperature Boundaries (Par.8)
The Blue Whale
=>Revise own sum