- Preview: Check the title, headings, image/captions-> Predict the topic
- Skim the text: Introduction, first sentence of each paragraph and the last paragraph.
=> Write the main ideas in one sentence.
Bites by small insects are troublesome and could be serious to human bodies because it is not easy to identify the cause and the reactions of the body vary by person.
- Read-1 Highlight, annotate and/or underline the main ideas, key words, issues and facts.
=>Blog Write the main idea of this case study in four to six sentences or n 80 words
Bites by arachnids or insects aren’t easily recognized instantly.
The person who is bitten wonder what caused the problem and may suffer mental and or physical problems.
While it is essential to find the cause and give the right treatment, it’s difficult to find what bit the patient because the same sign and symptoms can be caused by different creatures.
Bites by unidentified creatures are frustrating and also could be dangerous. (4 sentence/79 words)
Interest of the Day IBM Watson Health (4:00)
Open Forum Topic-1: Conversation about fidgeting
- Introducing the Topic: Health Quiz=> Pair What do you or someone you know do to stay healthy?
- Preparing to Listen: about fidget/fidgeting (move restlessly; fret, jiggle, twiddle, twitch)
Do you fidget often? What do you think of a person who fidgets all the time?
What could the title “Fidgeting could make the difference between being fat or thin” mean?
- 1st Lis -> [B] Main Ideas, [C] More Detail
- 2nd Lis => What is the main finding and what are the two other findings to support the main finding?
=> Integ. Speech Explain the findings from the research in 90 sec.