- Read-2=> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.
- Review the underline the topic sentences/main ideas
=> Blog Write a summary of the article in four to six sentences/100 words.
2. Open Forum Chapter 6 Money #1 Radio Report about a Town with its Own Currency
- 3rd Listening w/Script Blog-> Voc & Expressions: circulate-in circulation, valid, issue notes
Dic issue (v) circulate, deliver, declare, release, send; ~ a statement, ~ a new coin, ~ a reprint of a book
(n) affair, matter, problem, topic, subject, edition, number; political ~, on the ~, the latest ~
- Focus on the Lis Skill Unknown vocabulary: objective, re-circulation, legal tender, issued
Dic stimulate - (passive) to fill sb with ideas/enthusiasm: excite, inspire; he was stimulated by the challenge
- encourage sth to start/progress further: spur, trigger; stimulate economic recovery-> economic stimulus plan
=> Thinking and Speaking Do you think local currency help the community?
- How does it help? Why do people use it? What are advantages to use local currency? => Example(s)
- Why don’t people use it? What are disadvantages to use local currency? => Example(s)
=> Pair Do you think local currency help the community? State your response in 60 sec.=> Q&A
- Vocabulary-1: Words Related to Money-> Check the answers
salary->wage, income-revenue, mortgage, loan; student/car/bank ~, credit-debt->asset,
interest rate/charge/payment, tax; income/sales/property ~, owe money, I Owe You (I.O.U.)
-> 2-> Read aloud
=> 3. Pair Choose a topic and tell your partner; I’ve just started … =>The Partner gives advice.
3. Interest of the Day:
What is Economics? (2:54) normative; normal
Microeconomics vs Macroeconomics (2:50)