- Review Reading Q-Classroom
=> What do you think? -1: Think about the item(s) you threw away recently. Do you think it could/should have been used longer or repaired, or you should have bought a new one?
( Last lesson) => Speak your answer in 60 sec
- Use the Conditional Type-3: could/should have used, shouldn’t have thrown away, could have been repaired
- Try these: not any/no longer, worth –ing, became too ~, worn out, unrepairable, not function (properly), useless
=>Blog Write three to five sentences to explain what you did and should/shouldn’t/could have done.
Inside Reading Unit 10 Reading-1 Attack of the Fire Ants
Target Words Dic append to add as a supplement: to append a footnote.; add, affix
-> appendix separate additional material at the end of a book/magazine, esp documentary or explanatory
Before you Read-2. wasp - スズメバチ - a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
- Preview: Check the title, headings, image/captions, chart-> Predict the topic
Intro; appendage [əpɛndɪdʒ] a subordinate part attached to something; an auxiliary part; addition.
- any member of the body diverging from the axial trunk.
- Skim the text=> Write the main ideas in three sentences=> Speak the main idea in 60 seconds
- Before Reading - vocabulary: venom, toxic (adj)-toxin (n) poison - Geography: US states
- Read-1 Underline the topic sentences/main ideas
=> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.
Interest of the Day The bizarre physics of fire ants (3:58)