Inside Reading Unit 9 Reading- 2 Playing with the Pixels
- Reading Skill-A. Note the events in the textbook.
- Read-2 -> Study the structure and main ideas of each chunk and paragraph.
Photo Alteration: Par.1, 2, 3 Examples => undermine the public’s trust in the new photos
=> Par. 4 The public shouldn’t simply trust the photos in the news.
What’s Truth? : Par.5, 6 Examples of alterations, emphasis, amendment of photos and images
=> Par. 6 It’s difficult to draw a clear line between what’s acceptable or inaccurate.
What we see/Perception? : Examples of viewers’ perception controlled by the media in Par.7, 8
=> Photo alteration is inevitable and it could alter viewer’s perceptions.
=>Blog Write a summary of the text in five to eight sentences or around 100 words
Open Forum Chapter 6 Money #2 Lecture about the history of money
- Prepare to Listen: Describe the pictures with the words; coins, grain, pound, trade, weigh
- 1st Listening-> Main Ideas and More Details
- 2nd Listening-> More Details/Round-2
- Working Out Unknown Vocabulary: barter, spoil, spade, depository, come about
=> Pair Explain the early part of the history of money in 90 seconds. Use barter, straight exchange and common currency and examples.
Interest of the Day: Microeconomics vs Macroeconomics (2:50)