- Read/Shadowing with Q-Classroom Par.1-3
- Review: why the blogger hate machines concisely within 50 words/3~4 sentences. Use the words from the text.
=> Blog Revise/Rewrite Makoto‘s writing
2. Interest of the Day: St. Petersburg-Expedia (5:45)
3. Inside Reading Unit 8 Reading- 2 High School Society: Who Belongs Where?
- Review Reading: Line 77~ End
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Read the words in the box-> Fill in the blanks without reading (voca task) -> Read the text aloud.
=> B. Put the sentences in a logical order. Identify the topic of each sentence and sort them
- C. Write synonyms of the informal words-> Check the chart on page 113.
- D. Dic diverse => Pair Talk about the diversity of the students/activities/events/backgrounds of your school or community in 90 seconds. Use diverse, diversity, diversify or diversified at least twice.
Unit 9 True and Faults
Target Words-Stress: apparent, eliminate, ignorance<- ignore, insert(v)-insert(n), successor<-succeed
Before you Read 1. Pair Have you ever known anyone who was the victim of a false rumor?
Do you often just tell others what you heard or read without verifying it?
-> Dic verify check that sth is true or accurate; confirm, validate, (double) check: ~ a story, ~ if it’s true
Reading-1 A Game of Checkers
- Preview: Check the title, headings, image/captions, chart-> Predict the topic
☆Correct the line numbers; 25-> 20. 30-> 25 ~ 110->105
- Skim the text=> Speak the main ideas in one sentence.
News reports are supposedly/usually verified by a dedicated group of people before they are released because any error or mistake could cause serious influence on people or things that are reported. (31 words)
- Read-1 Underline the topic sentences/main ideas
=> Speak the main idea in 60 seconds in 4~5 sen.