1. Review-1: Blog Eiken Writing: Too short. As said, need to write eight to 10 sentences.
Good examples: Kentaro, Yuma
Review-2: Earth's trees number 'three trillion' Blog AK
2. Inside Reading Unit 8 Reading-2 High School Society: Who Belongs Where?
- Preview: Blog What is Case Study?
- Check the title, headings, image/captions=> Predict the topic
Caption/p.123 feel alienated –alienate [ˈeɪlyəneɪt] to make indifferent or hostile; divide, cause hostility:
He ~ed his entire family by …
<= alien - a foreigner - a person who has been estranged or excluded - a creature from outer space
- Skim the text: Introduction, first sentence of each paragraph and the last paragraph.
=> Speak the main idea in 60 seconds
- Read-1 Highlight, annotate and/or underline the main ideas, key words, issues and facts.
=>Blog Write the main idea of this case study in five to eight sentences or around 100 words
3. Open Forum Chapter 5
Web -Presentation on a famous anthropologist, Margaret Mead
- Listening 1-> WS Answer the questions
- Listening 2=> Speak how Americans and European’s viewed other civilizations in Margaret Mead’s days, what she did and how she was honored in 90 seconds.
- Listening 3 w/Transcript-> Check the words & expressions
set her on a path toward, cultural relativist-relativism-relative, neutral-neutrally,
ethnography scientific description of peoples and cultures with their customs, habits, and mutual differences
Task-2 Study the last sentence (quote) “As the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate lovingly, our own.”
4. Interest of the Day Ladies Of Awesome: Margaret Mead (8:45)