Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Read aloud
- B. => Pair
- intervene (in) to become involved in in a situation to improve/solve ; mediate, arbitrate, negotiate: sb ~ in the crisis/dispute. -> intervention: call for government ~ to save …, military ~
- interfere to get involved in and try to influence that does not concern you in a way annoying to others ; ~ in family/domestic problems. -> interference : foreign ~ in the domestic problem
->C. => Pair
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- Word Form Chart
converse [kɒnvɜːs] (adj) reversed; opposite; contrary: the ~ effect, (n) [the ~] something that is opposite or contrary: ~ and the ~ is equally true. [kənˈvɜːs] (v) to have a conversation (with)
- D. Read and understand
5. resentment<- resent to feel bitter/angry about sth; VN+sth/-ing; I ~ed him/his laughing at me.
6. bound to do/be sth (adj) certain or likely to happen; liable, responsible, obligated: There are ~ to be changes when …, It’s ~ to be sunny. You’re ~ to pass the exam.
- going or intending to go towards; on the way to: a ship bound for Jamaica, homeward bound
- bind-bound-bound (v) - to fasten or secure with a band or bond. -> binding clause
2. Eiken P1Q/2017-1 Listening
3. Open Forum Chapter 5 Anthropology #2 News report on corporate anthropology
- Blog 3rd Lis w/Script-> Voc: remote, documentation, in the middle of nowhere, complex, dynamics, consult
Pronunciation: Word Stress/p.40=> Pair Who is zoologist? => Zoologist is a person who studies zoology.
Blog Words with ology-ologist
- Speaking Skill: Clarifying – in other words, I mean, What I mean is, That’s not what I meant
- Speaking Practice 3. A very successful paper and stationary store…Explain why it is happening to a partner. The partner to ask questions, agree or disagree with the explanation.
=> Task Your school has introduced free second foreign language classes for students on Friday evening but the students aren’t signing up for the classes. Discuss possible reasons with your partner.
4. Interest of the Day: Basic Dining Etiquette - The Soup Course (3:50)