1. Inside Reading Unit 8
Reading-1 Judging Roommates by Their Facebook Covers
- Reading Skill: Highlighting and Annotating-> Apply
- Review a Skill: Finding the Main Idea-> Review and highlight the Main Idea of each section.
=>Blog Write the main idea of each section in one sentence =>Post the model
- Par. 2: New college freshmen worry about who and what their new roommates will be like, especially those who have never shared a room with someone.
- Roommate Research: Worrying students try to find what their new roommate like via social-networking sites like Facebook.
- Prevention Beats Intervention: Residential-life offices carefully match roommates and some of them even try to give-guidance to new freshmen to use social-networking sites carefully.
- Brandi and Sarah: An incoming freshman Brandi had checked a social networking site and thought she wouldn’t be able to get along with her new roommate until she contacted her directly and found there were common issues between them.
=> Integ. Speech Tell the summary of the text in 60 seconds.
2. Open Forum Chapter 5 Anthropology #2 News report on corporate anthropology
- Preparing for Listening: What kind of work might an anthropologist do in an office?
- Before Listening: corporate, Eskimo living in the Arctic Circle
- 1st Listening-> Main Ideas, More Details
- WS 2nd Lis-by Part A & B=> Tasks-> Part C & D=> Tasks
=> Task Do you think using anthropologists in school is a good idea? Why? What practices may change?
3. Interest of the Day: Inuit Video (4:20)