Blog Review Writing: Which family style do you think is better or more suitable for your society, nuclear family or extended family? Write your answer in five to eight sentences.
Writing: Write a Personal Letter
- Writing Skill: Using correct personal letter format
=>Blog Write-1 Write a personal letter to a friend you have not seen in a long time. Tell your friend about what you are doing and also about your family members and what they are doing. Make sure your letter uses the standard format.
- Greeting and Introduction/Update
- Body-1: brief information/description about what you’re doing
- Body-2: about your family members and what they are doing.
-> Peer Review-> Revise=> Read it to a partner
2. Blog Interest of the Day: Campus Life at Dallas Baptist University (1:22)
3. Inside Reading Unit 8 Click or Clique
Dic clique [kliːk/ klɪk] a small, exclusive group of friends or associates who don’t allow others to join them.
Pair Do you think some students tend to form cliques in school? Why do you think they do?
Target Words-Stress: arbitrary, clause, converse, deviate, diverse, intervene
arbitrary subject to individual will/judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion;
irrational, unreasonable, irresponsible, inconsistent, subjective, random: an ~ decision.
- decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute; (international) court of ~ - arbitration
Before you Read 3. Pair Have you ever looked for information about someone on the Internet? Why?
Reading-1 Judging Roommates by Their Facebook Covers
- Preview: Check the title, headings, image/captions, chart-> Predict the topic
-> Images of roommates and dormitories
University dormitory-China University dormitory-US Hogwarts dormitory
- Skim the text=> Write the main ideas in three sentences=> Speak the main idea in 60 seconds
Many college freshmen anxiously look up social networking sites to find what their new roommate is like before entering their dorms. However, such profiles shown on the web may not always tell the truth. Students may find it easier to get along with their new roommate whose profile may not match their preferences.
- Read-1 Underline the topic sentences/main ideas
=> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.