Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. “thundersnow”-> Practice reading aloud
=> Pair Check the understanding=> Read even/odd number paragraphs=> Change
4. troposphere: the lowest layer of the atmosphere, 10 km to 20 km high.
5. the Great Lakes: Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario, forming the largest group of freshwater lakes on Earth, containing 21% of the world's surface fresh water by volume.
6. the western slopes of the mountains <= in northern hemisphere
-> B. Write synonyms of the informal words-> Check the text=> Pair
- C. Dic orient - to direct sb/sth towards sth, to make/adapt sb/sth for a particular purpose; intended, designed;
Students are ~ed towards science subjects. A commercially/academically/profit ~ed operation/organization
- ~ oneself: to find a position; difficult to orient themselves in the fog.
- ~ oneself: to make oneself familiar with a new situation; adapt, adjust; It took me some time to ~ myself in
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- coherent; understandable, reasoned, rational, logical be/seem/become ~, ~ remark <-> incoherent
-> coherence; logical/ideological/theoretical ~. have/possess/achieve/create/keep/maintain ~, ~ between, ~ in
=> Pair-1 Do you always maintain coherence in what you say?
=> Pair-2 Do you know someone who lacks or loses coherence in argument?
- E. - while en route [ɑn ˈrut] on the way; The plane crashed ~ from Cairo to Athens.
-disorient to make unable to organize sth; confuse, distract: The darkness ~ d him.
- to make sb feel confused; ~d by sth
=> Integ. Speech Speak to your partner a summary of the text in 60 sec.
=> Ind. Speech Speak to your partner what you think of the case in 90 sec.
2. Open Forum Chapter 4 Psychology #1 TV news report about the Boot Camp for the Brain
- Blog 3rd Listening w/Script-> Study Vocabulary: feel less forgetful, worth looking into
- Vocabulary: Verbs and Adj with Prep/p.29
-> Ex.1 Read like an announcer Improve Your Memory!
- surprised/disappointed at/by: I was surprised at the news. I was surprised by the news (that …)
I was surprised to hear the news
=> Pair What do you think is the best way to learn new words and expressions? Speak your answer in 60 seconds. Make sure to state if you in fact do the way you think is the best.
3. Interest of the Day Blog A 518km ice-road across the tundra
=>Task If you lived in Fort Chipewyan, would you ride a car or dog sled?