- Before You Read-2. ☆Ind. Speech Describe the climate in Japan in 90 seconds.
- Before You Read-3. Locate the places=> Pair Talk what you know about these places.
- What: Newspaper article about climate change
- Skimming: Title, sub titles, chart, Read Par.1, 2, first sentences and the last paragraph
=> Blog Write what this text is about in one sentence=> Pair Compare the sentence.
Climate has huge impact on weather but it is difficult to predict the change until it actually happens.
- Before reading: CE (Common Era=AD), BCE (Before Common Era=BC)
- Read-1 -> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the paragraph/Line #, Correct false statements.
(- Read-2=>Blog Write a summary of the text in three sentences. Use your own words or paraphrase.)
=> Pair Compare the summary and discuss the main points=> Revise the summary
Climate shows the weather conditions for a long period time. It has significant impacts on people’s lives and history. It is still difficult to make reliable predictions for climate change even with today’s technology.
Interest of the Day Climate change (according to a kid) (2:11)
2. Open Forum Chapter 4 Psychology #1 TV news report about the Boot Camp for the Brain
- Introducing the Topic-> Take notes=> Pair Describe the Scene=> Talk how good your memory is
- Focus on Listening Skill: Predicting-> Title of the TV news program: What’s Boot Camp?
- Vocabulary before Listening: scan-scanning->MRI, crossword puzzle, strategy, brain function
- 1st Listening-> MI, More Detail
=> Explain what the Boot Camp for the Brain is, how it works with Rubin’s experience.
- 2nd Listening [Part-4, Part-5]
=> Explain how the research was conducted.
3. CNN 10 May 4th emoji (5:33~8:52)