1. Read and Write Unit 3 Courtesy: What does it mean to be polite?
- Review Blog a paragraph in response to a question posted on an online forum about politeness;
- Show model writing Blog=> Revise
2. Unit 4 Games: What makes a competition unfair?
Reading 1: Money and Sports #1
- Vocabulary/p.65: finance-financial, have an advantage/disadvantage
- Preview the Chart of the world top football teams/p.67
- Reading-1: -> Main Ideas, Details 1-4
- Reading-2: Underline the Main Idea and Identify the Supporting Ideas/Examples of each Paragraph
Blog Summarize what this article wants to say within 50 words (three to four sentences)
=> Compare=> Revise the writing: grammar, paraphrasing, spelling, punctuations
=>Blog Model: Money gives unfair advantage for professional sport teams. Wealthy teams are more successful and make even more money than less wealthy ones. They can also recruit better coaches and players. Sports fans want to enjoy close and fair competitions but it seems difficult to agree on effective solutions. (48 words)
3. Inside Reading Unit 5 Reading-1 Weather Warning
Reading-1 The Weather Goes to Court: Forensic Meteorology <=What does that mean?
=> Dic forensic: scientific tests used by police; ~ evidence/medicine of/relating court of law: judicial, legal
- Preview: Check the title, subtitle, photos/captions-> Predict what “backcasts” (Par.4) means <-> forecast
Skim text => Predict the Topic: about the role and value of forensic meteorologist to court and insurance.
- Read-1 Underline the topic sentences => Review a Skill Outlining: Add more detail to the outline
- Read-2 => Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements.