- Blog Review What are some examples of colors with special meanings in your culture?
Write 5-8 sentences in response. Clarify your response/opinion and explain with example(s).
- Reading Skill/p.29: Getting meaning from context-> Ex-A
=> Ex-B: Write definitions using present tense and relative pronouns following the words-.
Refer to p.25 -> Check Eng-Eng Dic
- Read the text-> Read w/Q-Skill Par.1-3=> Shadowing: Par.4-6
2. Inside Reading Unit 2 The Business of Branding Reading-2 Product Placement
- Study Sentences: [L54-P3] If the film is ~ that of the product.
[L76-P6] Financing product placement ~ for three to four years.
<= $175k/30sec->$3.5mil/10min x 300days/year= $3.5bil (Prod Placement in US)=> Prod Plc/3~4yrs.
[L131-P9] Conversations like this ~ great advertisers dream.
- Study Words/Expressions: [P1-L4] deed: act/action [L14] contradict to assert the contrary or opposite of, deny directly and categorically [P2-L20] arise-arose-arisen; appear, occur, begin, rise, get up, wake [L25] revenue gov. income from tax, gross income from biz: tax ~s, in ~ [L26] likable: nice, attractive, appealing [L29] subsidize to aid or support with a subsidy, a financial aid supplied by a government to industry, financial aid; endowment, support, payment-> subsidization [P3-L32] apparent possible, clear, obvious, evident - apparently [L33] subtle -subtler/more ~ not immediately obvious or comprehensible, difficult to detect or analyze; nice, quiet, delicate, clever, sophisticated: a ~ scent, ~ change/approach [L40] feature include a particular person/thing: the movie ~s …, hotels ~d in the brochure [L41] registered as: recorded as [P4-L54] equate to regard, treat, or represent as equivalent- equal-equation [L51] convert (v) to change/adapt the form, character, or function of; transform– convert (n) – conversion [P5-L57] consciousness-conscious (aware of one’s surroundings, thoughts or motivations, aware of/giving value or emphasis to a particular fact/thing; alert, aware, deliberate, intentional: I am ~ of your great kindness, a ~ effort/rudeness [L58] longstanding: lasting, deep routed, continuing [L58] distraction-distract divert attention; disturb, trouble, confuse: The music ~ed him from his work. [P6-L73] showcase; display, exhibit, show, advertise [P7-L97] presume-presumably; assume, expect, believe, count on [P8-L112] viral (adj) relating to/caused by a virus, spread quickly and widely among internet users via SNS, e-mail [L115] ridicule (v) to make fun of, mock, or deride; tease, laugh at, mock (n) language or behavior to humiliate or mock – ridiculous very silly or unreasonable
- Reading Skill/p.28: Finding the Details (Finding the MI in Reading-1)
=> Apply/p.28: mark the paragraph number ☆disregard less than 1/5 of the U.S. amount => Pair
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. 1. fad (sth people are interested in for a short time) 3. draw on (use sth available) 5. branch off (extend, diversify)
- B. convert -> Dic (v) ~ a hotel into a condo, ~ euros to dollars, ~ coal to gas, ~ a bed into a sofa, ~ from Christianity to Islam, ~ to a vegetarian, ~ me/him,
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- contradict (to assert the contrary or opposite of; deny directly and categorically)