Blog Review the paragraph to explain a new business you create.
Example: If you’re designing a new restaurant, what colors would you use for the outdoor signs, interior (walls/floor/celling/furniture), tableware and employee uniform? Why?
☆ Try These: Compound Sentences (Conjunctions/p.37), Vocabulary (p.41),
2. Inside Reading Unit 3 Reading-2 ID Fraud
- Preview to Predict Check the title, subtitles, photos and captions to predict what ID Fraud is about.
=>Pair What kind troubles can you think of if your ID and password are stolen from your smartphone?
- Read-1 -> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the paragraph/Line #, Correct false statements.
- Reading Skill/p.44 Scanning-> Complete the Chart.
- Study Sentences
- Read Par.1 => Pair Check the understanding; What did Wendy’s mom did? -> place, in the name of
- Read Par.2 aloud => Task-1 Explain or complete the sentences of the chunk (Par.1, 2).
WS: Write in your own words as much as you can. => Pair Retell the incident w/o the writing.
-> What Wendy’s mom did and why. She sent an email under someone else’s name to the elementary school her daughter had been waitlisted, and asked to drop that person’s daughter’s application from the waiting list so that her daughter would get a higher chance to be enrolled in the prestigious school.
-> The school had neither predicted nor prepared for such Internet fraud against its system.
-> If the school had anticipated such a fraud on the Internet, it would have designed the system more protective to false identities.
-> If the system had required an identity check, such as face-to-face contact or ID card, the mother wouldn’t have committed the fraud.