Review Part 1: Home Keys and Basic Drills: asdfjkl;
Part 2: Introducing words and 3 more vowels: reui
=> Blog Type the words in Comment: fire, did, die, died, fuji, free ride, rude red deer, dear fred
2. Read & Write Unit 1 Names: How did you get your name?
Reading-1: Naming Around the World
- Vocabulary: Identify the Part of Speech (noun, verb, adjective) -> Find the Definitions: generations
- Preview Reading 1: Look at (scan) the article (subtitles) to find three groups of people
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details
- Reading Skill: Scanning for Information
-> A: Scan for the underlined words -> B: Scan for the underlined words
- Blog Extra Learning: Examples of Names
3. Cover to Cover Unit 1 Health Part 1 Living with Stress
- Read w/CD-> Read aloud Par.2 => Task-1 Par-2 日本語で説明しなさい:
- trigger quick reactions (par.1) : set off, cause, lead to, bring about, begin, initiate
- loved one (par.2) - repertoire (par.3) - relax -relaxing-relaxation
- positive thinking – negative attitude - reinforce-reinforcement
- Vocabulary-2: Skim the text and mark “stress” related vocabulary
- deal with stress (par.3, 6) : to solve a problem or carry out a task = handle
deal with sb: to take appropriate action, handle He wasn’t used to dealing with children.
deal with sb/sth: to do business with, handle He’s good at dealing with pressure.
- cope with stress (par.6): deal successfully with sth difficult = manage
I can no longer cope with the stress. This car is designed to cope with extreme heat.
- create ~ (par.1), result from major ~s (par.3) ease ~ (par.5), eliminate ~ (par.8), be overwhelmed with ~ (par.2)
- other collocation: cause ~, relieve ~, reduce/increase ~, suffer (from) ~ - under intense stress