- Blog Review Writing 5~8 sentences in response including an example or two.
- Writing Skill: Stating reasons and giving examples-> Ex-A -> Ex-B: because or to + infinitive
Because can include new information. -> Why …? => Because … only/just/partly/simply because …
Since and as are usually for already-known information. NOT used with only/just/partly/simply
- Grammar: Gerunds and Infinitives-> Ex-A, B, C
Blog Writing Assignment => Publish by Feb.9th
2. Open Forum Chapter 8 Technology Part-2: A Tour at the Museum of Technology- Before Listening: longhand ordinary handwriting, in which letters, words, etc, are set down in full, as opposed to shorthand or to typing, duplicate(dupe), photocopy-carbon copy, Xerox(n)/(v) by The Xerox Corporation, laser printer
- Listening-1-> B. Main Ideas, C. More Details
=> Explain the main idea and the story of the xerography invention in 60 sec.
- Listening-2=> Explain (1) why Carlson invented a copy machine, how it was materialized.
(2) why Carlson was so modest and generous
- Working Out Unknown Vocabulary: duplicate-duplication, turn down-reject, dismiss