Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A-> B
- Corpus locate - to find the exact position of sb/sth – The mechanic ~ d the fault. Rescue planes located the missing sailors.; ~ and place sth in/at … -> locate-relocate, place-displace, replace
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- Corpus assume 1. to thnk/accept that sth is true without having proof of it; think, guess, understand, expect
- ~ that/it is ~d that: It is reasonable/dangerous to assume (that) the economy will continue to improve.
- VN: Don’t always assume the worst.
- VN to do: I had assumed him to be honest.
2. to take/begin to have power/responsibility The rebel assumed control of the city.
-> resume: begin again or continue after an interruption ~ talks/negotiations. ~ed driging
assumption: a belief/feeling that sth is true or will happen. On the ~ that, make ~ about, based on an ~
- D => Pair Compare the assumptions.
- E => Dis the ranking, exchanging thoughts with examples.
=> Present the order, explain two assumptions in particular.
- G: Mark the word(s) to restate using the word in parentheses. (assume/p.14, predict/p.6, location/p.12 )
=> Restate each idea in three to five sentences. => Pair
=> Dis in groups of three or four. Each member should ask question or express his/her opinion(s).
- Read the article-> Read aloud Par. 3, 7-8
2. Open Forum Chapter 1 #2 Lecture about Gestures
- 1st Listening-thru-> Main Ideas, More Details
- 2nd Listening=> Take notes to summarize the lecture.
- What is the lecture about?
- Identify the three main points and explain each of them in a sentence or example respectively.
=> Speak a summary of the lecture in 90 sec.
3. Blog Quiz How well do you know of Japan?