- Previewing and Predicting
-> Learn: Read the Titles, Headlines, Check the Photos and Captions, Skim the Text for information.
Rolls-Royce is a premium car brand established in 1906 in Britain.
BMW is a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in 1916.
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1903.
- Read-1 -> Underline the topic sentence of each paragraph. Mark the topic of the paragraph.
-> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the location and paragraph #, Correct false statements.
- Reading Skill/p.20: Finding the Main Idea by Chunk=> Apply by Skimming
2. Open Forum Chapter 1 #2 Lecture about Gestures
Listening w/Script Blog-> Vocabulary
- be born with, be born to be/do something: He was born to be a poet.= He was a born poet.
- correspond-correspondence: to match, be the same as, or similar to something
=> Thinking & Speaking Explain one of the points about gestures in 90 seconds
- Pronunciation: Contractions with Be
- Speaking Skill: Asking for help with Vocabulary
1. Use a similar word or gesture: a shape not square or round but with three angles=> triangle
2. use a more general word: medical doctor for teeth=> dentist
3. use an expression like “What do you call ~?”: a dish with raw fish and steamed rice=> sushi
4. Give part of the word and ask for help: congra…., ~tion=> congratulation
=> Speaking Practice: Describe to have the partner guess what the place/who the person is.
1. famous, popular or commonly known place: city, country, mountain, planet
2. popular or famous person: politician, musician, actor/actress, writer, comedian, entertainer