- Before Reading-3
- Skim the text: Title, subheadings 1~5, Par.4: Experts
=> Describe what this article is about in one sen.
- Identify what each question of Reading Comprehension is asking about.
Read-> Reading Comprehension
- Reading Skill: Recognizing Comparison and Contrast => Review p.116-117 -> Apply
=> Speak about someone you know and you using a word of comparison and contrast with examples
2. Open Forum Chapter 8 Technology Interview with a tech writer
- Preparing to Listen: Inventions Quiz - photographic film, radar range, means of communication,
Eastman Kodak, Remington’s Typewriter, Remington and Sons
- Listening-1 Main Ideas, More Details/p.65-66 –
=> Main Ideas; a book about some of the most important technological inventions of the 19th and early 20th centuries. It’s about how things like the typewriter or the fax machine were developed, and so on.
=> Topics; Camera by Eastman, Microwave oven, fax machine, typewriter
- Listening-2 Explain what the book is about and the four topics mentioned.
=> Explain one the topics in 60 sec.; Camera by Eastman, Microwave oven, fax machine, typewriter
Special Program-3 Blog "Blowin' in the Wind" (2:37)
-> Study the lyric => What was this song for?