1. Read and Write Unit 1 Trend: Why does something become popular?
- Reading Skill: Identifying the Main idea of a Paragraph-> Exercise-A -> Read the Text-> Exercise-B
=> ☆Write the Main Ideas clearly in the beginning of each paragraph and explain
=> Blog Read a sample text to study how the main ideas are stated and explained=> for writing!
Blog Predicting Future Trends=> Identify the main idea of each paragraph.
- Words/Expressions Read aloud Par.3,4-> stay connected, allow people to do, share photos/interests, post a link/video, comment on
interactive <-Dic interact to act on or in close relation with each other; communicate, connect-> interaction,
Read aloud Par.5-> Dic contribute to give (support, money) for a common purpose or fund, to supply (ideas, opinions) as part of a debate or discussion; give, devote, donate, provide grant - contribution express-expression
2. Inside Reading Unit 1 Reading-2 Understanding Philly’s Basement
- Read-2 -> Understand the structure of the article
Title (Understanding Philly’s Basement) and Par.1-2: Presenting the infrastructure problems in an old city, Philadelphia.
Subtitle-1 (An Underground Mystery) and Par.3-5: Showing the causes of the problems.
Subtitle-2 (Mapping the Depth) and Par. 6-10: Explaining the technologies to find the problems.
Subtitle-3 (OK, Now What?) and Par. 11-13: Introducing the new solutions for the problems.
=>Blog Write a summary of the article within five sentences. => Peer Review => Revise