1. Kikutan-6K Day 54 .
2. Read & Write-3 Unit 5 Reading #1 A Question of Numbers
Reading #1 A Question of Numbers
- Vocabulary: Dic apply - to put to practical use; utilize; employ: ~ economic sanctions, New technology was ~ied to farming. - to be relevant, useful, or appropriate: apply to : Special conditions ~ those who …, It ~s to all of you.
- to make a formal request: ~ for a job/passport, ~ to a company/college, ~ to join the army.
- Preview Reading: When is a person more likely to help others? What does the bystander effect mean?
- Listen/Q-Classroom-> MI/D => Explain what the bystander effect is in 60 sec.
- Read-> Underline the topic sentences, check the sub topics and key supporting details.
-> Check MI/D=> Tell a summary of the news magazine article about the bystander effect in 60 sec.
- Blog What do you think-2. Write five to eight sentences to respond the question:
In general, which people do you think are more helpful to strangers in need: people who live in cities or people who live in small towns? Why?
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 8 Psychology Reading-1 Child Prodigies
- Read/Overview the text=> Identify the chunks and their main points
- Chunk-1 (par.1-4) Intro w/Examples: 1. Chess 2. music composer 3. piano 4. CP’s mystery, Pros-Cons
- Chunk-2 (par.5-8) Experts: 4-5. What child prodigies are, what they do 7. Nature 8. Nurture
- Chunk-3 (par.9-12) Parents: 9-10. Supportive/unsupportive parents 10-13. too supportive parents
- Chunk-4 (par.13) Conclusion: Challenges of child prodigies
=> Blog Write a summary of this book review in 100 words or three to four sentences.