1. Inside Reading Unit 1 Going Underground Reading-1 Coober Pedy: Really Down Under
Blog Review the summary of the article within five sentences.
-> Study Words/Expressions: [P1-L2] Dic deposit of opal [oʊpəl] a place for safekeeping; depository, money placed in a bank account, anything given as security or in part payment; installment/down payment [L3] gem [dʒɛm] a cut and polished precious stone or pearl fine enough for use in jewelry. [L3] stripes and flecks of color a spot or small patch/mark of color/light [L5] harsh environment; rough, bitter, hard, severe [L10] carve sculpt; engrave, shape [P2-L22] burrow [bʌroʊ] hole dug by animal [P4-L36] rugged; rocky, steep, rough [L37] clatter [klætər] to make or cause to make a rattling noise, as a result of movement [L39] patron; sponsor, shopper, customer [L42] Dic liberal attitude toward this behavior relating to or having social and political views that favor progress and reform: ~ democratic party <-> conservative [P5-L45] raw [rɔ] charm; uncooked, inexperienced, unpleasant, rough [L55] flourish - to be in a vigorous state; thrive: a period in which art ~ed. - to be in its or in one's prime, or at the height of fame, excellence; bloom - to be successful; prosper [P7-L72] blast; explode, wreck [P8-L77] primitive about; ancient, original, undeveloped, unsophisticated [L81] Needless to say as you would expect; added to, or used to introduce, a remark giving information that is expected and not surprising [L83] grooves; channel, trench, canal [L84] plaster; spread, paste, glue [L84] plumbing the system of pipes that supply water to a building [L86] town limit [P9-L91] Dic sprawl out stretched or spread out in unorganized fashion [P10-L102] nonetheless; however, but, although [L107] Hole sweet hole <= Home, Sweet Home! (adapted from 150-year-old song)
2. Open Forum Chapter 1 #1 Radio Report about Babies and Sign Language
- Introduction: 1. What are they doing? 2. Show any non-verbal communication.
- Preparing to Listen
- 1st Listening-thru-> Main Ideas, More Details
- 2nd Listening-by Part=> Take notes to explain in complete sentences => Pair
=> Tell a summary of the show in 60 seconds => Pair
- Blog What is Sign Language?
- Examples of American Sign Language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cayMkVidpc