- Listen to Q-classroom-> MI/Details
- Read: Underline Main Ideas -> Check Main Ideas, Details
- Blog Write a summary of the magazine article in three sentences. Use the subjects presented.
This article is about how television makes people believe the world is more dangerous than it is and how people react to it.
When people see TV news programs that show and overstate violent crimes, people tend to believe that there is more crime than really is.
And then they become more afraid than necessary, less interactive with others and less healthy. (62 words)
=> Speak the summary to a partner
- Reading Skill: Identifying Facts and Opinions-> A
=> B: Read the text and underline the Statement of Opinion with think, believe and should.
=> Pair Check the opinions
- WDT-1 Q2: Pair Do you think crime is going up or going down where you live?
2. Cover to Cover Unit 12 The Arts Part 1 A Worldwide Phenomenon
- Read w/CD-> Read aloud: Par.3-7=> Task
1. (par-7) It’s the perfect combination of allowing viewers to relate but also allowing them an escape from real life. It、relateの指すもの、意味するものを補って日本語にしなさい。
- Vocabulary (par.1) - glimpse a very brief, passing look, sight, or view
- flock (v) to gather together (n) a group of animals of one kind (sheep/birds), a large number of people; crowd
(par.3) fascination-fascinate to attract and delight by arousing interest or curiosity: entice, please, tempt
(par.5) immense huge, gigantic, extensive - dynasty - spark trigger, set off, stimulate
(par.6) stability-stable constant, solid, steady (par.7) plot story line, scenario, plan, design
- What’s your Opinion? => Pair
1. Which foreign culture or lifestyle are you most interested in?
5. What aspects of your culture or lifestyle do you think foreigners might be interested in?