- Blog Plan and Write a Summary Paragraph
-> A. Identify the Main Idea and Supporting Details using your notes/marks on the text.
->B. Write an outline for your summary paragraph: a. Topic Sentence b. Important Details
=> Write a summary of Living Outside the Box in a paragraph.
Try to use your own words. Refer to Writing Skill/p.81
- Plan to Write Your Opinion Paragraph about the author’s decisions and experience of living without TV.
-> Brainstorm: Write your thoughts about the decision the author made and her experiences
Are there decisions she made that you agree or disagree with?
Do you think her experience was positive or negative?
Did anything in the reading surprise you?
-> Plan: Write an outline for your opinion paragraph that follows the summary paragraph in P.85-86
Topic Sentence-> Reasons and Examples-> Concluding Sentence
=> Write an Opinion Paragraph about the author’s decisions and experience of living without TV.
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 7 Neuroscience Reading-2 Out-of-Body Experience? – Your Brain is to Blame
- Skim-> Check the title, the first and last paragraphs
=> Pair Interpret the title: Your brain is to blame
- Read-1-> Mark the key words/phrases/events
- epilepsy (L20) disorder of the nerve system that causes a person to suddenly become unconscious, violent (癲癇)
=>Blog Write the main idea of the text in one sentence.
Unusual feelings some people experience such as double or out-of-body aren’t superstitious but occur when the brain is confused by the person’s sensory information.
=> ☆ Integ. Speaking Speak the summary of the text in 60 seconds.