2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 7 Neuroscience Reading-1 Mind Wide Open
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Match the definitions -> Dic attach => Pair Q&A 1~6
- to fasten/join one thing to another; ~ sth (to sth)
- to believe sth is important/worth/valuable; ~ importance/significance/value; attribute, allocate
- B. Identify the part of speech-> Find the synonymous
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
Dic obvious – easy to see/understand; It was ~ to everyone that …, ~ reason/annoyance/distress, so ~
-> obviously; certainly, unmistakably, apparently, clearly, definitely; Obviously, …, ~ important
- C. Make a sentence using “Obviously, …” and “it is obvious that …” => Pair
Dic insight [ˈɪnsaɪt]– ability to see and understand the truth about people/situations; judgement, understanding; of great ~ -> insightful - understanding of what sth is like; the book gives us ~ into
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 7 Language and Communication Lecture about other languages in the U.S.
- Blog Listen with Transcript-> dominant 1.having primary control, authority, or influence; governing, ruling
2. predominant or primary: the dominant topic of the day -> predominant, dominance
=> Integrated Speaking Explain the main ideas of the lecture in 90 seconds
- Focus on Listening Skill: Intensive Listening for Numbers
- Vocabulary: Expressions for Approximations w/Numbers - approximately, around, something like, just a little
=> Ind. Speaking Explain your school, city, country or any stats using numbers and the approximations in 60 sec.
☆ Let’s Learn, Think and Talk about the World Population
Blog-1 The World Population
=> Integrated Speech-1 Explain what you think is important for the future of you, your country or the people in the world when the world population reaches 10 billion in 2015.
Blog-2  The Global Muslim Population By Hannamayj Jan. 27, 2011
=> Integrated Speech-2 Explain what you think will be important to live and work with people whose religious faiths are different each other.