2. Read & Write-3 Unit 5 Why do people help each other? Reading #1 A Question of Numbers
- Blog Revise the writing: five to eight sentences to respond the question:
In general, which people do you think are more helpful to strangers in need: people who live in cities or people who live in small towns? Why?
- Read for Vocabulary/Expressions: (par.1) (more/most/less/least) likely ~/to do complex composed of many interconnected parts, complicated; ~ highway system, machinery apply to make use of; ~ a theory to a problem, to put to use for a particular purpose; ~ pressure to open a door, to make an application or request; ask: ~ for a job/raise end up to find yourself in a situation you didn’t intend/expect to be in; ~ in prison/-ing/dead
- Reading Skill: Graphic Organizer-> A. -> B.
->Blog-VSO The Voluntary Service Overseas
Identify the topic of each paragraph to understand the structure=> Check the Graphic Organizer
=> Speak a Summary in five to seven sentences. Decide the subject of each sentence before speaking.
3. Special Program
Blog Hard Rain and Bob Dylan
- Read: Patti Smith stands in for no-show Bob Dylan at Nobel ceremony CNN-Dec.10, 2016
- Present: Patty Smith sings at Nobel Ceremony (8:30) => Dis What moves people?
- Study the lyric of A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall => Dis What does this song mean?
->Present: Born on the Fourth of July by Edie Brickell & New Bohemians (5:00)
=> Dis What was this song for?
- Present: "Blowin' in the Wind" (2:37) This 1962 song became an anthem of the civil rights movement.
-> Study the lyric => Dis What was this song for?