- Reading Skill: Annotating and Highlighting a Text
-> Read-2-> Annotate/Highlight key issues to identify the main topics of each paragraph.
=> Identify the chunks and their main ideas. => Pair
- Par.1-6 (L1-38) Introduces the research on feeling of out-of-body and a shadowy figure experiences. (par.6)
- Par.7-10 (L39-61) Explains the mechanism of sense of body that can be altered when some areas of the brain are stimulated. (par.10)
- Par.10-18 (L62-97) Example-Double/mimicking/shadowy self-simulation
- Par.19-22 (L98-109) Example-Out of body experience
- Par.23-25 (L110-123) Conclusion: bodily delusions can be experienced when the brain is confused.
=> Blog Write a summary of the text in four to six sentences. You may use the main idea for the topic sentence. Include your answers to the questions in your summary. Use your own words except for proper nouns and technical terms or phrases.
2. Open Forum-2 Chapter 7 Language and Communication Lecture about other languages in the U.S.
Presentation on Language Change and Loss A = Claudia, B = Alan
- Prepare to Listen: Web site about languages
=> Ind. Speaking [60 sec] Explain the language spoken in Japan. What kind of languages are spoken in Japan? Are there any regional or minority languages? Do many Japanese speak other languages?
- Listening-1: Find the Main Ideas and More Detail
=> Integ. Speaking Explain the main points of the presentation in 60 sec.
- Listening-2 => Integ. Speaking Explain the three main points of the presentation in 90 sec.
[Part-1] background on the situation
[Part-2] why the topic of language loss is important
[Part-3] how the programs to revive/ preserve languages.
=> Ind. Speaking Do you think it’s important to preserve dying languages? Speak your answer in 60 sec.