- Writing Skill: Writing Concluding Sentences. A=> B: Write a concluding sentence for each par.
1. There is no better way than telling the truth. Lying never develops good relationship.
2. Alex is my best friend (who I can always count on/who never lies).
3. Kindness sometimes makes people/me lie/not to tell the truth.
People/I sometimes tell a lie/don’t tell the truth (just) to be kind
=> Underline the key point.
=> Blog Type the entire text. Try not to look at the key board! Write concluding sentences
- Grammar: Infinitives of Purpose A=> B: write “because” clause as well. => Compare
2. Cover to Cover Unit 10 Wise Words Part 2 American Sayings
- Fluency Strategy: Recognizing Signal Words=> Task-A: Scan the text and mark the signal word.
- Read-1-> Checking Comprehension
- Read w/CD-> Check the answers and pronunciation/stress
- Expanding Vocabulary-A: Find synonyms in the text
1. single-minded-> Dic obsessed completely preoccupied; ~ by sth, with sb ->obsession; ~ with sb/sth
2.not allowed->Dic forbid -forbade-forbidden order sb from doing/to do sth; ban, prohibit<->allow, permit
3. reprimand: to tell sb officially that you don’t approve; blame, scold, criticize
4. conflict (n) (v) -> clash (n) (v); argue, battle, fight;
5. attacking-> aggressive angry, threatening, hostile, forceful, vigorous
6. rivalry (n)-> competition
-> Expanding Vocabulary-B 3. at any cost no matter what dangers or difficulties are involved:
We realized we had to fight the lawsuit at any cost.
- Read w/CD-> Read the sayings (1-7) aloud
=> Blog Paraphrase each saying in one sentence. Use “you” as the subject.